Thursday, September 16, 2010

My first night in HULL!

I am here in Hull and it is now dark outside. I still have not made it to my apartment and I am staying with another exchange student who came to UIS last semester. I have seen the campus and a little of the city. But not that much, it is only the first day. I have been traveling for a while and I am going to relax tonight.

However, I was driving through the city today and my friend pointed out a few differences. The most obvious is they drive on the opposite side of the street with the steering will on the opposite side as well. AND they do not have dive up banks!!! There is no driving up and making a withdraw from your account. Not in England.

The feeling of being away from home has also settled in [kinda]. I really miss everyone and the comforts of being home. It is not the same being here, especially when I have nobody here! I do not know one person in this entire country!!!!! Sitting here, I am thinking to myself, "what was I thinking coming all the way over here?" I am so far away from home!


Until  Next Time,

Blake is signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment