Thursday, November 25, 2010

No Thanksgiving?!

Well today is Thanksgiving back home with all of my friends and family. The entire country of the United States of America is on a stand still. Banks, Schools, and Government Offices alike are closed to recognize the national holiday. BUT! Since the pilgrims left continent I am currently on, there isn't much celebration. No turkey. No dressing. No corn. No pies, No cakes, No nothing! I even had to go to class today! YES! Lectures on Thanksgiving; [talk about culture shock]

Today is definitely one of those days I wish I was home. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday out of all of them. However, I am still very thankful for a lot. Illustrating everything I'm thankful for would take to long, so I will summarize and say I am thankful for the beautiful life I live!

There is so much I am thankful for, however I am not thankful for not having any TURKEY today! {lol} It is a surreal feeling being somewhere and experiencing something different than you ever have in life. I'm not trying to dramatize the effects of today BUT all my life, on this day, I have eaten a big meal and celebrated thanksgiving.  Sneaking samples of food all day to the point I know what everything tastes like before the meal is completely finished. I wonder if my body's biological clock will notice?

Well, I since I just left class and am in the library studying, I will 'get back to it.'

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment