Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On the downward slope...

- Chicago

The closer the time comes the more thankful I become for the time away..


I thought that I was ready to go home, until I realized what I have been doing with myself for the past 2.5 months. I have started a new 'UNI' and have began to live in a completely different lifestyle. It has had its ups and downs but I can honestly say that I have grown to be complacent living here. 

Yes, sometimes I suddenly get the urge to be at home eating pop-eye's or out with my friends back at UIS, but I also have a new completely different circle of people I now know. I have new professors, classmates, and friends; a new schedule with my life that is still sometimes hard to grasp. I have been living in England for nearly 3 months not and the time has flown by so fast. I think when I return back to chicago in a few weeks, I will begin to realize how different life really "was" here.

I must say, I know there will be times in the beginning of 2011 where I will be 'homesick' from England. I never thought I would be able to go to another country and adapt to life as easily as I have, and it makes me want to experience more, and travel to more places on earth to live. Being here, and getting here, I have learned so much about myself and the world I live in. 

The entire year of 2010 was such a wonderful year all together, especially I have been planning for my study abroad for more than half of it, and spending the rest experiencing it. It makes me wonder what I can dream and hope for over these last few weeks of 2010, and what I can achieve during 2011...



Only time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment