Sunday, October 24, 2010

39 Days in

It has been 39 days since I first arrived in england. Its about to be the 4th week of classes and I will be on a plane headed back home in approximately 73 more days. The time here is going fairly quickly but I am enjoying every minute of it.

Right now, it is 1am and in Chicago, but here it is 7 in the morning. Some people are now seeing the sun that I've been looking at for hours now. The mornings in England are the best times! A hot cup of tea is always a good way to start the day. The sun is shinning really bright out today. I think im going to take a nice walk to the city center and have some fish and chips!

I am finally getting adjusted to this new teaching style. There is more freedom to explore topics because tutors here do not use text books. Here, they use various novels, journals, new papers, ect, to explore topics to help student get a better understanding of the subject. I like this style better because it allows me as a student, to explore the topic in my own way. I can find out things about the subject that other students may not read or research, yet in a class discussion, the different findings and perspectives are put together in great discussions! I must say, the classroom discussions here are the best! Discussions are the best part of college! Nothing like a good discussion to get the mind stimulated!

This is a Meal I made. It is corn, with an English garlic bread.
On the garlic bread there is feta cheese, tomatoes, and lettuces.
Really good!

The food is here is pretty good.  I have noticed the vegetables are fresh, fruits are juicy, and the meats are nice and tender. I have not ate out as much as I would like to, it is fairly expensive here. But I have had a few English meals.

Well, im about to go have a cup of tea! Until next time... Be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment