Monday, October 4, 2010

First Day of School!!


FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
CHICKA CHICKA YEEAAHH!!!

At last I have finally went to my first class after a 5 month hiatus!! Its a bitter sweet moment yet I am excited to begin my studies. My class today is called "Approaches to Presidential Power in the US" and I know this will be one of my favorites. It is about different people views [approaches] to the way they view the presidency of the United States. I think the most interesting part will be seeing the views of people whom have not lived in the US, and to see how they receive my perceptions as well.

I feel like I have been here for months, yet it is just getting started. There were so many people walking on campus today, I was slightly overwhelmed at first, yet it was exciting at the same time. Hull Unversity has over 20,000 student! A big difference from the 5,000 at UIS. There are no underground tunnels to take to class like at UIS so you see everyone moving and rushing to class. This campus is much bigger than my home campus and it will be an interesting semester adjusting. I believe by the time I am accustom to the way of life here, it will be time to go home.

SN:  Today I also learned of some devastating news. One of my students, James Jones, whom I worked very closely with father has passed away. I also knew his father very well, because of how closely I worked with this child. It is hard to imagine what my scholar is going through right now and I do not like to see children hurting. I wish I was there, to do or say something but I can't. I know I will pray for him and his family, and hope for the best. I am learning that this will be one of my struggles in my field, is how much I actually care about the well being of the children I work with. I wish I could wave a magic stick and make all of their troubles disappear but we all know this is not how things work. However, I will continue to stay focused, humble, and prayerful for him and those in need.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment