Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 35

Day 35 is a COLD day. It is extremely cold in my house. The english are definitely use to a different type of cold than I am. I don't think the cold is something I will be able to get use to. The cold here is a different type of cold, not like Chicago cold either, its like thick,hard, coldness. It hurts my face! lol

Im still trying to adjust to my courses here. It is proving to be harder than I expected. I spoke to some people and they said level 6 courses here are the equivalent to taking graduate course in the states !(><) AHH! This is proving to be pretty difficult but I am going to make it work. I am taking really interesting classes and love the library here, so this combination helps too. The library is really nice and I spend a lot of my time there studying and reading. School wise : so far so good.

I have to say I have truly met some cool people here. I hope the friendships established here will continue to grow even when I go back to the states. I find talking with them to be the best part, just sharing differences of opinions, views on life, expressing differences in cultures; its all very intriguing to me.

Sometimes, I wonder what it would have been like to stay at UIS this semester. I hear that it is changing dramatically and I want to be apart of that change!

Either way it goes, I LOVE this university and the city of hull. It is a college town hands down, and I really enjoy being here. However, I miss the people who supported me at UIS :-(

On another note, Only about 78 more days before I head home... Who knows whats going to happen between now and then? Until next time... Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment