Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 17

I am 17 days into my semester abroad. I am learning a lot as my life begins to take shape here in England. I am learning something, but I am not sure what it is called. However, for now, I will call it "world wide personality traits." [LOL] I have met many people here and have seen many things. I am learning that there are people from all over the world who act EXATLY alike! I find this to be very interesting and I know there is some sort of name someone made up for this. Nonetheless, it makes me think on a lot of things that I will speak on at a later time.

Today, I joined the gym here on campus. Since I have all of this free time, there is no excuse as to why I am not in the gym 6 days a week as I plan to do. At this moment, I weigh about 60-65KG[145-155 lbs.]. When I return to the states, I plan to be between 75-80KG[ 165-175 lbs.]. This is one of my goals I will accomplish while I am here. [I hope]

The conversions to the metric system is something I can remember from 4th or 5th grade. I wish I would have retained more of it than I did. I can quote of my teacher saying "you never know what you will need later in life."

Today has also been the first Saturday I have sat in the house and did absolutely nothing. I made my calendar for the semester, cleaned my room, ate a good lunch, worked out, and thats about it. It seems like a bit much when written out, but compared to my typical schedule from back at UIS, this is nothing. Im joining approximately 4 or 5 organizations while I am here. If I can do it at home on top of 2 jobs, I know I can do it here without none! Amnesty International, Buddy Scheme Project, Hull Christian Union, Black Student Union, Caribbean/ Nigerian Society are what I hope to become a dedicated member of.

Well... Until next time... CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment