Thursday, October 21, 2010

Im such a character..

CHEESSEE!!!

Today is yet another cold but sunny day near the eastern coast of England! My body is not doing to well of adjusting to the cold sea-breeze and my worries are that by the time I do adjust, back to Chicago I go! Nevertheless, no worries (*_*)...

Today I will be making plans to go to Marseille France with my friend Cloe. She lives there and is going home for a while, inviting a few friends back with her. This will be my first trip out of Hull, and it is out of the country as well! Many people have already began to do lots of traveling but I have refrained because I wanted to be sure I had everything with school together. Its not completely together, but by November 11th, it will be there.

 Right now it is 3:36 and back home it is about 9:36 in the am. Its funny how 6 hours can make such a big time difference. Then on top of that day light savings time is fast approaching and word is, it will be dark by 4:30 in the afternoon!! (WHOA!) This will be some culture shock. We will see how this goes, ill keep you posted.

These past few days have been some of the best thus far. It has been a little over a month and I can feel myself finally becoming settled within the english culture. Its weird to say, but I am beginning to let go of some of my American "ways of life" is substitute for the social norms I am now surrounded by. I think it will make the rest of my stay in England that much easer. There is a saying I just thought of 
"When is Rome, Do as the Romans..." - Easy

On another note, I still miss my people back home. I think who I miss the most is my MSS and Bonner family, they give me much love <3! Anxious to see them in the new year!  

I had totally forgot about this! I will not see the United States until 2011!! Or anyone I ever knew! I can remember saying bye to people and saying "see you next year." haha.. I never thought about that. hmm...

Well I guess I will finish studying and get ready to go to class... All these books!! Its so many...


Until next time.. Buh-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment